We are a local group of textile enthusiasts. Although the Guild has a tradition reaching way back over 1000 years, we are looking to the future – we wish to encourage and develop creative textiles, both the craft and skills to existing, new and returning enthusiasts. You do not have to be a skilled embroiderer to join our group. Our members are both young and old – we are all enthusiasts.
Our annual programme covers both traditional and contemporary projects and events in both hand and machine embroidery, using exciting new materials blended with traditional techniques. Go on to our website to see our projects. If you are interested in coming to a meeting, email through the website and we will contact you. Or complete the form overleaf for more details.
What does the Enfield Branch do?
The Enfield Branch has a varied annual programme of events consisting of
- Talks and demonstrations
- Saturday work days with tutors
What does a typical meeting consist of?
- An interesting talk on any aspect of embroidery or textile related craft. This may be accompanied by a presentation and practical examples
- Opportunity to buy materials and threads from sales table, these have often been donated and are resold at a very reasonable charge.
- Opportunity to borrow library books from a wide selection on our trolley.
- Chatting with like minded people.
When are the meetings?
The meetings are held monthly, on Saturday afternoons.
Where are the meetings held?
Grange Park Methodist Church,
Park Drive, Grange Park, N21
2nd Saturday of each month
2.30 to 4.30pm
Link to map
Where are the workshops held?
9.30am to 3.30pm at Chace
Community School, Churchbury
Lane, Enfield, EN1 3HQ
Mrs Helen Brown
020 8363 4390
Branch Library Catalogue
The Branch Library Catalogue is now available at:
Books can be borrowed at Branch meetings for a small fee.
Items marked ARCHIVED can be borrowed by contacting Chris who will bring them to the next meeting.