We are a group of textiles enthusiasts who come together to share our passion and to learn together. The Guild has existed for over one hundred years but we look to the future combining the traditional and contemporary techniques of textiles art.
Our programme covers a diverse range of subjects relating to our members and their interests. Go to our gallery and see what we do! You do not have to be a skilled embroiderer to join – beginners are very welcome. You also do not have to be a member to attend a meeting, so please come and try us out!
You do not have to be a member to attend our monthly meetings or workshops. However, it is essential to book the workshops, see our programme advance booking.
We are in the Eastern Region. The Region holds an AGM and a Regional Day.
Questions and Answers
What does the Enfield Branch do?
The Enfield Branch has a varied annual programme of events consisting of
- Talks and demonstrations
- Saturday work days with tutors
What does a typical meeting consist of?
- An interesting talk on any aspect of embroidery or textile related craft. This may be accompanied by a presentation and practical examples
- Opportunity to buy materials and threads from sales table, these have often been donated and are resold at a very reasonable charge.
- Opportunity to borrow library books from a wide selection on our trolley.
- Chatting with like minded people.
When are the meetings?
The meetings are held monthly, on Saturday afternoons.
Where are the meetings held?
Grange Park Methodist Church,
Park Drive, Grange Park, N21 2EU
2nd Saturday of each month
2.30 to 4.30pm
Link to map
Where are the workshops held?
9.30am to 3.30pm at Chace
Community School, Churchbury
Lane, Enfield, EN1 3HQ
Mrs Helen Brown
020 8363 4390
Branch Library Catalogue
The Branch Library Catalogue is now available at:
Books can be borrowed at Branch meetings for a small fee.
Items marked ARCHIVED can be borrowed by contacting Chris who will bring them to the next meeting.